Learning something new is not always an easy process. Sometimes you may feel stuck when the results don’t come as quickly as you would like. This can result in being disheartened when a new skill isn’t manifesting in the timeframe you expected.
When you’re feeling the discomfort of learning, the best thing you can do is to relax. Learning occurs in stages, and these stages take time. Change doesn’t happen when you want it to; it happens on its own when it’s ready. There are things that are beyond your control, and growth and change are two such things. The best thing you can do is be patient and open to the process.
In this video James Hayes, Director of Coaching and Public Trainings here at The Coaching Room, will take you through:
- Accepting that change is a process
- Learning occurs in stages and cannot be forced
- Visualisation is the first step in learning, then it becomes intellectual, followed by emotional
- Embodiment is when you realise the knowledge internally
- Growth is always happening and it often happens outside of your awareness
- Optimising the conditions for learning is the only thing you can do to accelerate the process
- Giving in to the process is the shortcut to growth
|Relax into the discomfort of learning something new|
Next Steps: Check out the download below to access a load more hints and tips that will accelerate your personal development.